The below is a response to a sent letter, received from Senator Rick Scott’s office.
Dear Mr. ••••••••••,Rick Scott
Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about gun violence in America. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
The safety of our families is always my top priority, and I am a proud supporter of the Constitution, the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding citizens. As Governor of Florida, I worked to increase safety measures in Florida’s schools through the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act. I signed into law a “red flag” law in the state of Florida, commonly referred to as an Emergency Risk Protection Order (ERPO). When properly constructed, red flag laws are common sense measures to keep weapons out of the hands of any person who threatens to harm themselves or others.
As United States Senator, I remain focused on making sure that our schools and communities are safe, and that those struggling with mental health issues or threatening harm to themselves or others cannot use a weapon. I am currently working with my colleagues to pass the EAGLES Act (S. 495), which provides law enforcement more resources to prevent tragedies and improves school safety for students and teachers. I am also a cosponsor of the Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety (TAPS) Act (S. 265), which will create a task force of experts to provide recommendations for a national strategy to keep communities safe from targeted violence. I will continue to review any proposal aimed at keeping Americans safe.
Again, thank you for your correspondence. I am proud to represent every citizen in Florida and I appreciate the time you took to provide your position on this matter. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
United States Senator
If you would like to contact Senator Rick Scott, you can use this link to his contact form.
Note: Please be considerate of your wording, and do not use any language which can be understood as threatening.
Feel free to include (copy/paste) the following message in your communications as it contains court findings, Constitutional Citings, as well as a reminder of the Oath of Office.:
Please read the accompanying notice at the following link:
Here are some other forms which you may want to fill & send.
- Re: HR40 & S.1083: Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans ActBill Summary: “This bill establishes the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans. The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies. Among other requirements, the commission shall examine (1) the role of federal and state governments in supporting the institution of slavery, (2) forms of discrimination in the public and private sectors against freed slaves and their descendants, and (3) lingering negative effects of slavery on living African-Americans and society.”
- Enemy on the StreetImagine a world where your right to bear arms has been made illegal (unconstitutionally), and then your city’s police department is disbanded… The anarchy will bring your community to its knees. If you think we’re in a tough situation now, think again. There is more coming.
- Prayer and Positive Reinforcement are Very PowerfulThey need to hear from you.
- Notice to Mayor Re: Unconstitutional MeasuresFind and contact your Mayor by phone or email regarding recent events. Remember, they work for us.
- Letter: Protect Our Votes! Vote YES to HR 6882!To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to prohibit payments under such Act to States which permit ballot harvesting, and for other purposes.
- TROJAN HORSE BILL: “Eliminating Abusive and Rampant Neglect of Interactive Technologies Act of 2020” EARN IT ACTIt’s called the EARN IT ACT of 2020. You can also call it by it’s slightly more telling name, “Eliminating Abusive and Rampant Neglect of Interactive Technologies Act of 2020”.
- 2A Encroachment Alert: Bloomberg’s Endorsements for CongressThey Will Never Stop, So Neither Will We! Michael Bloomberg and Everytown for Gun Safety are relentlessly working day-in and day-out to remove firearms from the American citizen. Do something about it.
- Letter: If We Can Stand in Line At The Stores, We Can Vote!!! –SAY NO TO S.3529 Natural Disaster and Emergency Ballot Act of 2020The clauses listed are, in effect, double-edged swords. Written towards the security of your vote, yet opens up the back doors for abuse.